We are a registered data controller and operate in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, DPA and GDPR 2018.
We will request information such as your name and contact details (including address, postcode, telephone number, email address) and company details which you can choose to provide when you use our online services such as our contact forms.
We need to collect this information to be able to provide you with our products and services. It also helps us personalise and deliver relevant content in any e-mails. The legal basis for our collection of this data is defined as ‘Legitimate Interest’ as per Recital 47 of Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as it is reasonable for you to expect that you will be contacted in regards to your enquiry after having emailed us or entered your contact details into an enquiry form. We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ about you (as specified in Article 9 of the GDPR as data about ‘racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership’.)
We do not knowingly collect, process or share the Personal Data of children or minors, if you are under 18, please do not provide any personal information to us. You do not have to provide us with any Personal Data if you do not want to, however we will be unable to contact you about your enquiry if you do not.
If you provide your telephone number to us, we will contact you via phone to qualify your enquiry and to ascertain your requirements. We may also contact you via email with information we believe will be of interest to you.
We also use your information for the purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer services and making available our products and services to both existing customers and prospective customers.
We may send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post, by email or telephone (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
We may need to supply some of your data to a third party to be able to supply you with a service. We will only provide the data that is essential to the provision of the service. We will retain your Personal Data for up to 24 months, either from the date of submission or from our last communication with you.
The reasons we retain your Personal Data for this period are as follows:
• It may take us some time to contact you after you have made your enquiry.
• Once we have contacted you we may contact you by way of a courtesy call to ensure that your requirements have been met and to maintain the standards of the service we provide.
• We run promotions and launch new products from time to time. We will update you with this information if we believe it is of interest or benefit to you.
• We have more information to refer to if you contact us again in the future or make a complaint
• We will need this information if we are providing you with any services
Under GDPR you have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. We have outlined the rights that apply to the Personal Data we collect, which are as follows:
• The right of access – this means you have the right to know what Personal Data we hold about you. We will provide this information to you free of charge.
• The right of rectification – if the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to correct it or complete it.
• The right to erasure – sometimes known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ this means if you request us to do so, we will delete the Personal Data we hold about you. This means we may not be able to provide you with services in the future.
• The right to restrict processing – this means that you can request for us to cease processing your data rather than deleting it. This means we may not be able to provide you with services in the future.
• The right to data portability – this means if you request Personal Data from us we will provide it in a commonly used, machine readable form.
• The right to object – this means you can object to us processing your Personal Data if you do not believe it is in your interest.
• You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you so wish.
The Cookies We Set
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We never disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless required to by law.
This website uses high-level (128/256 bit) Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect your data, you should see "https://" before bluemarbleweb.com in your browser address bar and a locked padlock icon to confirm a secure connection. We are committed to keeping your data secure.
Alternatively you can write to:
BlueMarble Web Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
Last Updated: 10/06/2019